Get Started with Mint
The key to better oral health syncs easily with your routine and smartphone!
Get the Mint App to setup your device?
Your Mint pairs with our powerful app to help you make better choices and reach your personal goals. Download the app by searching your app store for Smart Mint, or follow either button below. Please make sure your smartphone’s Bluetooth option is turned on [no need to pair the devices] before launching the app.
Mint is supported on your iOS (9.0 and higher) and Android (4.4.4. and higher) smartphone.
Once installed, our app will guide you through a brief setup which includes creating an account, sharing your personal goals, and choosing your first oral health program. So, are you ready to unlock a whole new set of data?
How does Mint fit into my currently healthy routine?
Taking a Test with Mint
When you take your first test routine, we’ll explain how Mint draws, analyzes, and records the state of your oral health. The entire process is complete in a matter of seconds.
Calibrate your Mint for Accurate Results
Mint’s sophisticated array of sensors need to calibrate to set your personalized health baseline. Mint uses this baseline to measure your progress as you complete various programs within the app. You will be guided through the self-calibration process during the app’s initial setup. For an overview, we encourage you to watch our quick tutorial.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ’s]
- Download the Mint app for your iOS or Android smartphone. Make sure to enable Bluetooth on your smartphone before launching the app.
- When you open the app, you can choose to enable push notifications on the first screen.
- Create a Mint account by either connecting with Facebook or signing up through email.
- Get started by choosing two oral health goals.
- Select a program. These range from learning to use Mint to preparing for your next dental visit.
- Watch our brief tutorial on taking a test with Mint.
- When you’re ready, choose your first test routine.
You also have the option to set a reminder for your morning pre-clean test. To do this, go to Account in the lower right-hand corner of the app, choose Notifications from the list, then set the reminder time.
Follow the app as it guides you through the calibration process:
- Press and release the power button located on the back of the Mint device.
- Take a sip from a glass of water, then keep your mouth open during the 25-second countdown.
- Mint’s mouthpiece has an oval ridge. Your teeth should gently bite down on the backside of this ridge and your lips should wrap around the oval to create a secure seal.
- Wait while Mint samples your breath (you will need to confirm that you’re ready by tapping the app screen when prompted). Don’t ever blow into the Mint device. Mint can draw from your breath all on its own.
- When prompted by the app, take Mint out of your mouth and wait for it to finish calibrating.
To set a daily notification to take a test with Mint, go to Account in the lower right corner of the menu, and select Notifications and you’ll be able to set a daily reminder with Mint!
- You were extra vigorous with your cleaning and, as a result, may have opened new pockets of bacteria. Please don’t let this discourage you. Keep up with a healthy, regular cleaning routine and your post-clean scores should return to normal after a few more cleaning sessions.
- Try taking another test and if you get a similar score, try again after 20 minutes.
- You may need to calibrate your device to set or reset your personalized health baseline. Go to Account in the lower right-hand corner of the app, choose Device from the list, then select Self-Calibration and follow the provided steps.
The first thing you should do is confirm that Bluetooth has been enabled on your smartphone. Go to your Settings, then Bluetooth, then toggle from Off to On. The Mint app will automatically connect with your Mint device once Bluetooth is on.
Dear Android user,
The first thing you should do is confirm that Bluetooth has been enabled on your smartphone. Go to your Settings, then Bluetooth, then toggle from Off to On. Please do not manually pair with the device. This will actually prevent the Mint app from properly “discovering” your Mint device when you initiate an in-app test.
Mint Share Oral Health Tips from Industry Experts
Helping you improve your cleaning routine, one tip at a time.
Manual vs. electric toothbrush. To floss or not to floss…twice daily? Have you asked yourself these questions? We have the answers to all of these and more. Check out our best oral health advice on our blog and look out for regular tips during your Mint app experience. We promise to only send information through the app that’s relevant to you and your personal goals.